Litchfield Illinois Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- Address: 12368 Roberson Rd., Litchfield, Illinois 62056
- Enter at the back side of the building
- Location on Map
Phone: Center: 217-324-2396 Director: 217-839-2384
Open Hours: Tuesdays 6:00 - 9:00 P.M.
Holiday Schedule: 2012 Closed Christmas Day 25 Dec., and New Year's Day 1 Jan. 2013
During the winter months, the center may be closed due to bad weather. Please call ahead: 217-839-2384.
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to RECEIVE any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Catalog. ORDERING is now done and submitted by the patron ONLINE.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- One Microfilm Reader
- One Microfiche Reader
- One Film/Fiche Reader/Printer
- Two Computers (Inter-net connection and access to premium websites.)
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki