Mac Genealogy SoftwareEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Free Mac Genealogy Software
Commercial Mac Genealogy Programs
- iFamily for Leopard (still works for Tiger)
- GEDitCOM II
- Family Tree Maker (for Mac)
- Genealogy Pro
- GenScribe (A family history research tracking and record keeping program. Not a lineage-linked program.)
Mac Genealogy Programs Certified for New FamilySearch
FamilySearch Certified Products and Services
- FamilyInsight - Access, Helper, Ordinance Reservation, Ordinance Request, Multi-Language, Sync, Update
- Get My Ancestors - Access, Multi-Language
- Ordinance Tracker - Access, Ordinance Status, Ordinance Request
- MacFamilyTree Access, Print, Sync, Update
Running Certified programs for New FamilySearch that were created for Windows on a Mac = You can partition your hard drive and create a windows section on your computer which will allow you to run any of the certified programs for New Family Search on your computer. You would partition your hard drive using boot camp. Boot Camp comes preinstalled on your computer. The program walks you though step by step how to parition the hard drive although I do recommend that you print out the instructions before you begin. There are two programs that can then help you run seamlessly between your Mac and windows side of the computer.
VM Fusion is currently $49.95 and allows you to work in Unity mode between the two sides of the computer.
Parallels is currently $59.95 and works very similar to VM Fusion.