Madison County, GeorgiaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Madison County Georgia genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Madison County, Georgia|
Location of Georgia in the U.S.
|Founded||December 5, 1811|
|Address|| Madison County Courthouse|
91 Albany Avenue
Danielsville, GA 30633-0147
Madison County Website
Probate Court has birth, marriage, death, burial
and probate records; Clerk Superior Court has
divorce, court and land records from 1812
Places / Localities
- 1885-1886 Marriages (from newspapers) Georgia Pioneers
Madison Parish Civil War Claimants: Landowners who filed Civil war damage claims against the US government between 1871-1880.
- Wills 1812-1841 (abstracts) Georgia Pioneers
- Index to Annual Returns, Book A, 1816-1826 Georgia Pioneers
- Index to Annual Returns, Book B, 1826-1830 Georgia Pioneers
- Index to Annual Returns, Book C, 1830-1834 Georgia Pioneers
- Index to Annual Returns, Book D, 1834-1837 Georgia Pioneers
- Index to Annual Returns, Book E, 1837-1841 Georgia Pioneers
- Index to Inventories, Appraisements, Bills of Sale, Book B, 1813-1829 Georgia Pioneers
- Index to Inventories, Appraisements, Bills of Sale, Book D, 1841-1857 Georgia Pioneers
- Index to Administrators and Guardians 1818-1888 Georgia Pioneers
Madison County, GA Marriage Index 1812-1908 on-line. These records were copied from an index compiled by the county clerk from the original marriage books.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Madison County, Georgia Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Georgia Pioneers Georgia Pioneers
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Madison County, Georgia. Page 158 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page