Map/Society Page Project - How to Create a Society PageEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Map/Society Page Project How to Create a Society Page
How to Create a Society Page
Follow these steps:
Step One - Invite your Society to Participate
- Decide who from your society will enter information on your society Wiki page.
- Editing on the Wiki is similar to Microsoft Word and other word processing programs.
- There are written instructions and online videos to help guide a beginner through the process of editing on the Wiki.
Step Two - Create a FamilySearch User Account
- If you are the appointed society representative to add information to the Wiki society page, you must create a FamilySearch user account. This will be a personal account and not a society account.
- Instructions on how to Create FamilySearch account. To print the instructions on the webpage, click on the printer icon at the top of the page.
- You may already have a FamilySearch user account if you have indexed on FamilySearch or signed in to view some images on FamilySearch Historical Records. If so, you do not need to create a new account.
Step Three - Contact FamilySearch
- To begin editing your Society page, you must have FamilySearch create one for you. Send an email to: USWiki@FamilySearch.org.
- An email will be sent as soon as the society page is completed.
Step Four - Collect Information about Your Society
- Use the Society Page and Infobox Form to determine what you would like on your society page
- Skip any sections that do not apply to your society.
- NOTE: The society page structure may change throughout the pilot project. Updates and information will be given to societies who participate.
Step Five - Log into the Wiki
- Log into the Wiki by going to wiki.familysearch.org and clicking, "Sign in" at the top right of the screen.
- Type in your user name and password and press enter.
- When you have successfully logged in, your name should appear in the top right of the screen.
Step Six - Add Info to Your Society Page
- Once you are logged in, locate your society page by typing your society name in the search box. Example: The Brickwall Genealogical Society.
- Review the results list and click on your society page.
- Instructions on how to add information to the society Info box and the society Wiki page are below:
- You may find it helpful to view a completed example of a completed society page
Where To Get Help During the Process
If you need help editing your society page, there are many ways to get answers to your questions:
- Mon, Wed, Thurs, Fri: 8am - 5pm; Tues: 11am - 5pm All times are Mountain Time
- Send an email: USWiki@familysearch.org
To report a problem with the Society Page, please email:
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page