Marion County, West Virginia GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Marion County, West Virginia|
Location in the state of West Virginia
Location of West Virginia in the U.S.
Marion County Courthouse
217 Adams Street
Fairmont, WV 26554
- County Clerk has birth, marriage and death records from 1872
- Clerk Circuit Court probate and land
See an interactive map of Marion County boundary changes.
Places / Localities
For tips on accessing Marion County, West Virginia Genealogy census records online, see: West Virginia Census.
Join us in indexing the 1940 Census
LDS Ward and Branch Records
Regiments. Service men in Marion County, West Virginia Genealogy served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Marion County, West Virginia Genealogy:
- - 19th Regiment, Virginia Cavalry (Confederate). Company D.
- - 31st Regiment, Virginia Infantry (Confederate). Company A (Marion Guards).
Records and histories are available, including:
- West Virginia, Naturalization Records, 1814-1991
Societies and Libraries
Marion County Genealogical Club, Inc.
Marion County Library, Monroe Street
Fairmont, West Virginia, 26554
Family History Centers
Web SitesMicrofilm at the Library of Virginia
Learning How to Edit our Wiki Sites
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Preston County, West Virginia. Page 744 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ "Francis Marion," Wikipedia.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ Richard L. Armstrong, 19th and 20th Virginia Cavalry (Lynchburg, Va.: H.E. Howard, 1994). FHL Book 975.5 M2vr v. 101.
- ↑ John M. Ashcraft, 31st Virginia Infantry (Lynchburg, Va.: H.E. Howard, 1988). FHL Book 975.5 M2vr v. 48.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News