Maryland DirectoriesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Maryland-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Resources for Maryland Directories
Where to Find Maryland Directories
Worldcat lists the holdings of 69,000 libraries. Search it with the keywords "directory [county or city name]."
US City Directories identifies printed, microfilmed, and online directories and their repositories.
Libraries and Archives
The Library of Congress has the largest single collection of city and county directories.
Local public and university libraries, historical and genealogical societies and state archives generally have historic directories.
- Fold3.com ($) has Baltimore City Directories 1863-1923 (5 yrs. missing) available online. Fold3 is free at some libraries and at National Archives research rooms.
- Ancestry.com ($) has Maryland directories available online in its U.S. City Directories collection.
The Family History Library
The Family History Library in Salt Lake City, Utah, U.S.A. has a large collection of U.S. directories. Find directories in the Place Search of the Family History Library Catalog by searching for the town or county.
The Family History Library has the following Baltimore directories:
- 1752, 1796-1860 Family History Library fiche 6043563-601
- 1863-1930 Family History Library films 1376528-56 & 1605845-71
- 1914 Family History Library film 1697549 item 1
- 1940, 1956 Family History Library book Q 975.271/B1 E4p
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More