Maryland GazetteersEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article needs revision. Want to help? Please sign up on the Maryland Barn Raising page! For ideas on the types of headings and information to add to this article, click the Discussion link to the right and also see Headings for Articles about Records.|
Five sources for finding Maryland place names are:
- Fisher, Richard Swainson. Gazetteer of the State of Maryland: compiled from the returns of the Seventh Census of the United States and other official documents. To which has been added a general account of the District of Columbia. New York, New York: J.H. Colton, 1852. Available on Google Books. (Family History Library book 975 E5f; film 896649 item 2.)
- Gannett, Henry. A Gazetteer of Maryland and Delaware. 1904. Reprint, Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1976. (Family History Library book 975 E5g; film 982220 item 3.)
- Kaminkow, Marion J. Maryland A to Z: A Topographical Dictionary. Baltimore, Maryland: Magna Carta Book Co., 1985. (Family History Library book 975.2 E2k.)
- Maryland State Planning Commission and the Department of Geology, Mines and Water Resources. Gazetteer of Maryland. Baltimore, Maryland: Johns Hopkins University Press, 1941. (Family History Library film 1550166.)
- United States Board on Geographic Names. Geographic Names Alphabetical Finding List. Washington, D.C.: National Cartographic Information Center, U.S. Geological Survey, ca. 1982. (Maryland is on Family History Library fiche 6331309-10.)
Maryland Gazetteer: City Profiles, Physical and Cultural Features.
Gazetteer of Marylandby Henry Gammett. Washington D.C.: Government Printing office, 1902. Published online by New River Notes c 1998-2006/
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page