Maryland GazetteersEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Gazetteers for Maryland have been created from its early history. Some helpful gazatteers for the State both old and new include:
Maryland GenWeb links to online gazetteers and maps for the state of Maryland.
Maryland Gazetteer: City Profiles, Physical and Cultural Features.
Gazetteer of Maryland by Henry Gammett. Washington D.C.: Government Printing office, 1902. Published online by New River Notes c 1998-2006/
- Fisher, Richard Swainson. Gazetteer of the State of Maryland: compiled from the returns of the Seventh Census of the United States and other official documents. To which has been added a general account of the District of Columbia. New York, New York: J.H. Colton, 1852. Available on Google Books. (Family History Library book 975 E5f; film 896649 item 2.)
- Gannett, Henry. A Gazetteer of Maryland and Delaware. 1904. Reprint, Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1976. Available at Google Books. (Family History Library book 975 E5g; film 982220 item 3.)
- Kaminkow, Marion J. Maryland A to Z: A Topographical Dictionary. Baltimore, Maryland: Magna Carta Book Co., 1985. (Family History Library book 975.2 E2k.)
- Maryland State Planning Commission and the Department of Geology, Mines and Water Resources. Gazetteer of Maryland. Baltimore, Maryland: Johns Hopkins University Press, 1941. (Family History Library film 1550166.)
- United States Board on Geographic Names. Geographic Names Alphabetical Finding List. Washington, D.C.: National Cartographic Information Center, U.S. Geological Survey, ca. 1982. (Maryland is on Family History Library fiche 6331309-10.)
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki