McDonald County, MissouriEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to McDonald County Missouri genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|McDonald County, Missouri|
Location of Missouri in the U.S.
|Founded||March 3, 1849|
|Address|| McDonald County Courthouse|
Pinneville, MO 64856-0665
McDonald County Website
Recorder Deeds has marriage records;
Clerk Circuit Court has divorce, court and
land records; probate Judge has probate
- See an interactive map of McDonald County border changes at N2Genealogy.
- The State Historical Society of Missouri has information on historical Missouri place names for all 114 Missouri Counties.
- Cowan Cemetery, Center
- Fox Cemetery, Powell East of Powell.
- Hagee Road Cemetery, Anderson East
- Pineville Cemetery, Pineville North
- Roller Cemetery, Powell
McDonald County, Missouri County Historical Society
An Illustrated history of McDonald County, Missouri: from the earliest ... by J.A. Sturges (1897) is available online free from Google Books.
- Map of McDonald County townships (Histopolis)
- The University of Missouri Digital Library has digital copies of Missouri county plat books (ca. 1930) for all Missouri counties including McDonald County. The city of St. Louis is not included in this collection.
- Newspaperarchive.com ($) has historical newspapers available on-line. Their database has Joplin newspapers and Neosho newspapers from the early 1900's that covered local news on residents from McDonald County communities.
- Missouri State Archives provides on-line access to Missouri Death Certificates more than 50 yrs old starting in 1910.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), McDonald County, Missouri. Page 402 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
|This Missouri-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki