Miller (Old) County, ArkansasEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 16:51, 4 May 2012 by Wjhonson
- Miller County was created 1 April 1820 from Hempstead County.
- The majority of it was in the present-day state of Texas.
- On 17 October 1828, a part was set off to form Sevier County.
- Miller County was dissolved when the county was split to form Red River and Fannin counties in 1838, when Texas was still part of Arkansas.
- The newer Miller County was organized from Lafayette County 22 December 1874.
- 1820 Census for old Miller County is missing.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More