Mississippi County, ArkansasEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- This article is about a northeastern county of Arkansas. For other uses, see Mississippi (disambiguation).
|Mississippi County, Arkansas|
Location in the state of Arkansas
Location of Arkansas in the U.S.
|Founded||November 1, 1833|
Mississippi County Courthouse
200 W Walnut
Blytheville, AR 72315
County Clerk has military records from 1850
and probate records from 1865; Clerk Circuit Court
has divorce and court records from 1866 and land records
- 1833--Mississippi County was created 1 November 1833 from Crittenden County. County seat: Blytheville 
See an interactive map of Mississippi County boundary changes.
- Dunklin County, Missouri
- Dyer County, Tennessee
- Lauderdale County, Tennessee
- Pemiscot County, Missouri
- Shelby County, Tennessee
- Tipton County, Tennessee
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- MississippiCounty, Arkansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists : United States of America, 10th ed., (Draper, UT: Everton Publishers, 2002), p. 69.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
|This Arkansas-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki