Morgan County, MissouriEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Missouri-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Morgan County Courthouse
100 E Newton Street
Versailles, MO 65084-1298
Recorder Deeds has marriage and land records;
Probate Court has probate records from 1834;
Clerk Circuit Court has court records; County
Clerk has birth and death records
- See an interactive map of Morgan County border changes at N2Genealogy.
- The State Historical Society of Missouri has information on historical Missouri place names for all 114 Missouri Counties.
- Dorothy & Bill Williams have cataloged 27,000 plus burials in 150 cemeteries in Morgan County, MO. They have Last Name, First Name, Birth, Death, Cemetery, Addition, Block, Lot, Grave. They will try to answer any inquiries (within reason) sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Map of Morgan County townships (Histopolis)
- The University of Missouri Digital Library has digital copies of Missouri county plat books (ca. 1930) for all Missouri counties including Morgan County. The city of St. Louis is not included in this collection.
- Newspaperarchive.com ($) has historical newspapers available on-line. Their database has Jefferson City newspapers and Sedalia newspapers from the late 1800's and early 1900's that covered local news that included residents from Morgan County communities.
- Missouri State Archives provides on-line access to Missouri Death Certificates more than 50 yrs old starting in 1910.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Morgan County, Missouri. Page 403 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page