Mount Savage, MarylandEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 07:29, 7 January 2011 by 127.0.0.1
Place Name Variants
Church History and Records
- Catholic Church
- Saint Ignatius (now Saint Patrick)
Family History Library book 975.2 A1 no.222 (fiche 6067470)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Kaminkow, Marion J. Maryland A to Z: A Topographical Dictionary. Baltimore, Maryland: Magna Carta Book Company, 1985. p230
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Kenny, Hamill. The Placenames of Maryland, Their Origin and Meaning. Baltimore: Museum and Library of Maryland History, Maryland Historical Society, 1984. The origin and meaning of the various words and phrases used in Maryland to name the State's most representative villages, towns, cities, mountains, and watercourses. Copious footnotes and an extensive bibliography. Superior treatment of Indian-derived placenames. p165
- ↑ Alotta, Robert I. Signposts and Settlers: The History of Place Names in the Middle Atlantic States. Chicago: Bonus Books, 1992. p365
- ↑ Davidson, Phyllis Riesbeck, and Richard T. Koch. St. Ignatius (Now St. Patrick), Mt. Savage, MD: St. Mary, Cumberland, MD, Parishioners, Marriages, Baptisms, and Deaths, 1819-1844. Maryland?: s.n, 1900s.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More