Nashville-Saline River TrailEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- This trail went from Nashville, Tennessee to Shawneetown, Illinois a port on the Ohio River. Old Shawneetown is located downstream about 40 miles from Evansville, Indiana.
- From Shawneetown one could continue northwest on the trail to Saint Louis or they could catch a river boat at Shawneetown to Saint Louis or to points north or south on the Mississippi River.
- The trail was followed by thousands of settlers as they traveled from central Kentucky and other parts of the upper south to Illinois and points north to Nebraska, Iowa, Wisconsin and Minnesota.
Trail on Map
 Trail 79
- This page was last modified on 26 October 2015, at 05:23.
- This page has been accessed 2,529 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News