New Brunswick, New JerseyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- This article is about a city in Middlesex County, New Jersey. For the Canadian province, see New Brunswick.
New Brunswick is a city, and the county seat of Middlesex County, New Jersey.
The town name is taken from Braunschweig, a prominent city and former principality in Lower Saxony, Germany.
In colonial times New Brunswick was on the King's Highway (Boston to Charleston) between the major cities of New York and Philadelphia. During the Revolutionary War it was occupied by British troops during the winter of 1776-1777. Rutgers University was founded in 1766. A large Hungarian community has grown up there in more recent years.
78 Bayard Street
New Brunswick Free Public Library
60 Livingston Avenue
- New Brunswick Daily Times (newspapers)
- Willow Grove Cemetery List
- New Brunswick WWII & Korean War Casualties
- Historical Postcard collection
- New Brunswick Civil War Casualties
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki