New York in the War of 1812Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
During the War of 1812, New York supplied 63,790 infantry men, 2,415 cavalry men, 8,830 artillery men, and 2,861 men in miscellaneous troops for a total of 77,896 men.
- Fredriksen, John C. Officers of the War of 1812 with Portraits and Anecedotes: the United States Army Left Division Gallery of Honor. (Lewiston, New York 1989). 173 pages. FHL book 973 M2fre
- National Archives and Record Office. Prize and Related records for the War of 1812 of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York 1812-1816: National Archives microfilm publications pamphlet describing M928 (Washington District of Columbia: Nationa Archives and Records Service c1973) pages 11 FHL Book 973 J53
The Battle of Plattsburgh : what historians say about it. (Ann Arbor, Michigan 1987) 1 Microfiche
The centenary of the Battle of Plattsburg ... : at Plattsburg, N.Y., September 6 to 11, 1914 (Ann Arbor, Michigan 1987) pages 90-96
- Guernsey, R.S. Chronicles of greater New York City during the War of 1812-1815 FHL Film 1486497
- Haen, Virginia John Grant, War of 1812 (Salt Lake City, Utah, Filmed by the Genealogical Society of Utah 1992) John Grant enlisted in New York and ended up in Wisconsin where he applied for a pension. 1 Microfilm Reel FHL Film 1838581 Item 3
- Everest, Allan S. The War of 1812 in the Champlain Valley. (Syracuse, New York : Syracuse University Press, 1981). This book presents the impact of the War of 1812 upon the people and governments of Lower Canada, Vermont, and New York. 239 pages. FHL book 973 H2ea
- War of 1812 Cemetery Committee, Town of Cheektowaga, Erie County, New York. War of 1812 Cemetery, lists 205 soldiers buried buried between 4 August 1814 and 16 July 1815. It gives regiment, name, commanding officer's name, cause of death, date entered hospital, date died.
- ↑ Wesley Potter Kremer. 100 Great Battles of the Rebellion;...Also, All the Battles of the Revolution, War of 1812-5, Mexican War, Indian Battles, American-Spanish War, and Naval Battles. (Hoboken, N.J.: s.n., 1906), p. 326. Internet Archive.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More