From FamilySearch Wiki
United States War of 1812 New York Military New York in the War of 1812
Attack on Fort Oswego, New York, May 1814
During the War of 1812, New York supplied 63,790 infantry men, 2,415 cavalry men, 8,830 artillery men, and 2,861 men in miscellaneous troops for a total of 77,896 men.
- Access Genealogy. New York War of 1812 Military Records, includes pensions, bounty lands, payrolls and rosters of selected counties. (Free). (Hosted by US GenWeb Archives War 1812 Project) (Accessed 11 May 2012).
- General Society of the War of 1812, The Constitution and Register of Membership of the General Society of the War of 1812 to October 1, 1899]. (Philadelphia, Dewey & Eakens, Makers 1899). Family Search. FHL Digital Book contains registers for eight states and District of Columbia. Descendant Members of the New York Society identifies veteran ancestor by name, his rank, unit in which he served, dates of service, etc., page 199.
- Ancestry. War of 1812 Service Records.($). This database gives name, company, rank at time of induction and at time of discharge of men mustered into the armed forces between 1812 and 1825.(Accessed 11 May 2012).
- Fredriksen, John C. Officers of the War of 1812 with Portraits and Anecedotes: the United States Army Left Division Gallery of Honor. (Lewiston, New York 1989). 173 pages. FHL book 973 M2fre
- National Archives and Record Office. Prize and Related records for the War of 1812 of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York 1812-1816: National Archives microfilm publications pamphlet describing M928 (Washington District of Columbia: Nationa Archives and Records Service c1973) pages 11 FHL Book 973 J53
- First Battle of Sacket's Harbor
- Second Battle of Sacket's Harbor
- Battle of Oswego
- Battle of Plattsburgh
- - New York (State) Plattsburgh Centenary Commission. The Battle of Plattsburgh: What Historians Say About It. (Albany, NY: J.B. Lyon: 1914). This is a centennial history of the battle with several maps and comments by historians. Digital version at Internet Archive. Fiche version FHL fiche 6061928.
- -The centenary of the Battle of Plattsburg ... at Plattsburg, N.Y., September 6 to 11, 1914 (Ann Arbor, Michigan 1987) pages 90-96
- Guernsey, R.S. Chronicles of greater New York City during the War of 1812-1815 FHL Film 1486497
- Haen, Virginia John Grant, War of 1812 (Salt Lake City, Utah, Filmed by the Genealogical Society of Utah 1992) John Grant enlisted in New York and ended up in Wisconsin where he applied for a pension. 1 Microfilm Reel FHL Film 1838581 Item 3
- Everest, Allan S. The War of 1812 in the Champlain Valley. (Syracuse, New York : Syracuse University Press, 1981). This book presents the impact of the War of 1812 upon the people and governments of Lower Canada, Vermont, and New York. 239 pages. FHL book 973 H2ea
- War of 1812 Cemetery Committee, Town of Cheektowaga, Erie County, New York. War of 1812 Cemetery, lists 205 soldiers buried buried between 4 August 1814 and 16 July 1815. It gives regiment, name, commanding officer's name, cause of death, date entered hospital, date died.
- ↑ Wesley Potter Kremer. 100 Great Battles of the Rebellion;...Also, All the Battles of the Revolution, War of 1812-5, Mexican War, Indian Battles, American-Spanish War, and Naval Battles. (Hoboken, N.J.: s.n., 1906), p. 326. Internet Archive.