North Sassafras Parish, MarylandEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
North Sassafras Parish has served Cecil County. The saints dedication is St. Stephen. St. Augustine's Church, originally called Mannour Chapel (also spelled Manor Chapel), served parishioners as a chapel of ease.
- Lefevre, Effie DeCoursey. The Manor Chapel or St. Augustine Church: St. Augustine Parish, Cecil County, Maryland; An Historical Sketch. Easton, Md.: n.p., 1932. FHL Book 975.2 A1 no. 109
The original parish registers are kept at the Maryland Historical Society. Copies (1695-1817): FHL Film 441446 Item 1. A handwritten index is also available at the Maryland Historical Society. Copy: FHL Film 13887 Item 3
The records have been abstracted multiple times:
- Bell, Annie W.B. St. Stephen's Parish Register, Cecil County, 1687-1837. 2 vols. Annapolis, Md.: A.W. Burns, [1939?]. FHL Film 1550149
- Harrison, Lucy H. Marriages, Births and Deaths; St. Stephen's Parish, Cecil County, Md. 1687-1837. MSS., Maryland Historical Society. Copy: FHL Film 13887 Item 4
- Harrison, Lucy H. Records of St. Stephen's Church, North Sassafras Parish, Cecil County, Md. MSS., Maryland Historical Society. Copy: FHL Film 13887 Item 5
- Peden, Henry C., Jr. Early Anglican Church Records of Cecil County, Maryland. Westminster, Md.: Willow Bend Books, 1990. FHL Book 975.238 K28p
Christenings for the years 1688 to 1837 have been indexed on the International Genealogical Index. Printouts: FHL Film 1002777 Item 1
- North Sassafras Parish, The Historical Marker Database
- St. Augustine's Church, The Historical Marker Database
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki