Ordering Microfilm or MicroficheEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Introduction to FHCs Ordering Microfilm or Microfiche
Microfilm and microfiche from the Family History Library are available via Online Film Ordering in most parts of the world. Some areas may still use a paper-based order process at Family History Centers.
Online Film Ordering
There are two ways to order a film to view at a Family History Center.
- Locate the film you wish to order in the FamilySearch Catalog and click on the film number.
- Go to FamilySearch.org/films and order multiple films at the same time.
You can order films on the FamilySearch Microfilm Ordering Page.
You must have a FamilySearch account, and will need to select your "favourite" FHC before you commence placing orders. Loan lengths and corresponding loan fees are shown on the site. Payment is made using Visa or Mastercard credit/debit card or PayPal. You will be notified by email when your film has arrived and is available for your use.
If you have difficulty placing your order, stop by your local Family History Center and ask for assistance, or contact FamilySearch support.
Length of Order'
You can order the microfilm for two lengths of time:
- Short-term loan - With this loan, films must be returned within 90 days. A 60-day renewal option is available after your short-term loan expires.
- Extended loan - The film will remain at the FHC indefinitely.
- Further information: Introduction to LDS Family History Centers
- This page was last modified on 10 January 2015, at 02:18.
- This page has been accessed 50,794 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More