Pemiscot County, Missouri GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Pemiscot County Missouri genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Pemiscot County, Missouri|
Location of Missouri in the U.S.
|Founded||February 19, 1851|
|Address|| Pemiscot County Courthouse|
610 Ward Avenue
Caruthersville, MO 63830
Pemiscot County Website
Recorder Deeds has miltary and land records from 1883;
Clerk Circuit Court has divorce and court records from 1890;
Probate Judge has probate records
- See an interactive map of Pemiscot County border changes at N2Genealogy.
- The State Historical Society of Missouri has information on historical Missouri place names for all 114 Missouri Counties.
- Map of Pemiscot County townships (Histopolis)
- The University of Missouri Digital Library has digital copies of Missouri county plat books (ca. 1930) for all Missouri counties including Pemiscot County. The city of St. Louis is not included in this collection.
- Missouri State Archives provides on-line access to Missouri Death Certificates more than 50 yrs old starting in 1910.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Pemiscot County, Missouri. Page 404 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ Genealogical Society of Utah, Parish and Vital Records List (July 1998). Microfiche. Digital version at https://www.familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/images/d/d8/Igimissourij.pdf.
|This Missouri-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More