Pennsylvania For Further ReadingEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 22:11, 22 August 2012 by Murphynw
The following handbooks will give more detailed information about research and records of Pennsylvania:
- Bell, Raymond Martin. Searching in Western Pennsylvania.
- Clint, Florence. Pennsylvania Area Key: A Guide to the Genealogical Records of the State of Pennsylvania; Including Maps, Histories, Charts and Other Helpful Materials. 2nd ed. Denver, Colo.: Area Keys, 1976. FHL book 974.8 D27c An area key has also been published for each county.
- Eichholz, Alice, ed. Red Book: American State, County, and Town Sources. 3rd ed. Provo, Utah: Ancestry, 2004. FHL book 973 D27rb also see: WorldCat entry. Contains bibliographies and background information on history and ethnic groups. Also contains maps and tables showing when each county was created.
- Heisey, John W. Handbook for Genealogical Research in Pennsylvania. Indianapolis, Ind.: Heritage House, 1985. FHL book 974.8 D27h
- Hoenstine, Floyd G. Guide to Genealogical and Historical Research in Pennsylvania. 3rd ed. Hollidaysburg, Pa.: F. G. Hoenstine, 1978. FHL book 974.8 A3h This includes a bibliography of research materials available for rental or sale. It also contains an important surname index to many local histories. Also use the 1978-84 supplement.
- Iscrupe, William L., and Shirley G. M. Iscrupe, comps. Pennsylvania Line: A Research Guide to Pennsylvania Genealogy and Local History. 4th ed. Laughlintown, Pa.: Southwest Pennsylvania Genealogical Services, 1990. FHL book 974.8 D27p Contains informative maps and a gazetteer.
- Schweitzer, George K. Pennsylvania Genealogical Research. Knoxville, Tenn.: G. Schweitzer, 1986. FHL book 974.8 D27s
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News