Pettis County, MissouriEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Pettis County Missouri genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Pettis County, Missouri|
Location of Missouri in the U.S.
|Founded||January 26, 1833|
|Address|| Pettis County Courthouse|
415 S Ohio Avenue
Sedalia, MO 65301; Phone 660.826.5395
Pettis County Website
Recorder Deeds has marriage and land records from 1833;
Probate Court has probate records from 1833; Clerk Circuit
has court records
- See an interactive map of Pettis County border changes at N2Genealogy.
- The State Historical Society of Missouri has information on historical Missouri place names for all Missouri Counties.
LDS Ward and Branch Records
- St. Louis
- St. Louis N.
- St. Louis S.
- Demuth's The History of Pettis County, Missouri... (1882) is available on Google Books.
- Map of Pettis County townships (Histopolis)
- The University of Missouri Digital Library has digital copies of Missouri county plat books (ca. 1930) for all Missouri counties including Pettis County. The city of St. Louis is not included in this collection.
- Newspaperarchive.com ($) has historical newspapers available on-line. Their database has Sedalia newspapers from the late 1800's and early 1900's that covered local news on Pettis County residents as well as residents from surrounding counties.
- Missouri State Archives provides on-line access to Missouri Death Certificates more than 50 yrs old starting in 1910.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Pettis County, Missouri Genealogy Trails. http://genealogytrails.com/mo/pettis/index.html
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Pettis County, Missouri. Page 404 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
|This Missouri-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.