Pierce County, GeorgiaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Georgia-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Pierce County Courthouse
PO Box 679;
Blackshear, GA 31516-0679
Probate Court has birth records from 1926,
marriage records from 1875, death records
from 1924 and probate records; Clerk Superior
Court has divorce and court records from 1875
and land records
1875 -- Courthouse burned and many records were damaged.
For further information on researching in burned counties, see the following:
Places / Localities
1885-1886 Marriages from Newspapers
- Index to Wills 1872-1941
- Index to Inventories and Appraisements, Book A, 1875-1911 Georgia Pioneers
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Pierce County, Georgia Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Georgia Pioneers Pioneers
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Pierce County, Georgia. Page 159 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More