Portsmouth Parish, VirginiaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Portsmouth Parish has served Norfolk County, Virginia.
Colonial parish registers do not survive.
- ↑ Freddie Spradlin, "Parishes of Virginia," VAGenWeb, accessed 29 January 2011; Hening's Statutes at Large; Emily J. Salmon and Edward D.C. Campbell Jr., The Hornbook of Virginia History (Richmond: Library of Virginia, 1994).
- ↑ Edward W. James, "Trinity Church, Portsmouth," The Lower Norfolk County, Virginia Antiquary, Vol. 4, Part 2 (1902):72-74. Digital version at Google Books - free.
- ↑ William Meade, Old Churches, Ministers and Families of Virginia, 2 vols. (Philadelphia: J.B. Lippincott and Co., 1861). Digital versions at Internet Archive: Vol. I and Vol. II.
- This page was last modified on 6 July 2013, at 14:25.
- This page has been accessed 1,528 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More