Pulaski County, Virginia GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Has anyone studied my Pulaski County, Virginia family before?
- Main article: Pulaski County, Virginia
Pulaski County, Virginia Genealogy General Resources
Compiled genealogies that treat multiple Pulaski County families include:
- Heavener, Ulysses S.A. German New River Settlement: Virginia. 1929; reprint, Baltimore, Md.: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1976. FHL Book 975.5 F2ghu 1976.
- Kegley, Mary B. Early Adventurers on the Western Waters. 5 vols. 1990-1998. FHL Books 975.57 H2k v. 1-v. 5.
Pulaski County, Virginia Genealogy Books and Articles
It is anticipated that this bibliography will eventually identify all known family histories published about residents of this county. Use this list to:
- Locate publications about direct ancestors
- Find the most updated accounts of an ancestor's family
- Identify publications, to quote Elizabeth Shown Mills, about an ancestor's "FAN Club" [Friends, Associates, and Neighbors]
- [Albert] Albert, Ethel Evans. Links with the Past: A Genealogical and Historical Account of the Albert and Related Families. Kingsport, Tenn.: E.E. Albert, 1972. Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online; FHL Film 924102 Item 1.
- [Anderson] McCarthy, Lynette Nolen. Jacob Anderson of Pulaski, Virginia, 1758-1842, and Related Families. Normal, Ill.: L.N. McCarthy, 1981. Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online - free; FHL Book 929.273 An23mL
- [Baskerville] Baskervill, Patrick Hamilton. Genealogy of the Baskerville Family and Some Allied Families: Including the English Descent from 1266 A.D. Richmond, Va.: Wm. Ellis Jones' Sons, 1912. Digital version at Internet Archive; FHL Film 897002 Item 2.
- [Cecil] Ball, Walter V. "Cecil Information," The Southwest Virginian, Vol. 4, No. 20 (Apr. 1981):32. FHL Book 975.57 D25s v. 4 (1981).
- [Covey] Covey, Winton Guy. Revised Notes on the Family of Samuel Covey (1761-1840) and Elizabeth, of Present Pulaski County, Virginia. Athens, W. Va.: n.p., 1977. FHL Film 1036734 Item 1.
- [Dean] Shields, Carolyn Ann Dean and Charles Louis Shields. Kanawha County Cousins: A History of the History of the Families of Dean--Perry--Painter--Ritz: Related and Allied Families Include: Lane, McDermott, Burgess, Morris, Holenson, Vanderzee, Kller, Copen, Spencer, Glassburn, White, Sulovka, Mulesa, Slack, Elswick, Garten. Wyandotte, Okla.: Gregath, 1998. FHL Book 929.273 D344s.
- [Duncan] Dobson, Mary Ann Duncan. Duncan Research Files of Mary Ann (Duncan) Dobson. MSS. 1975-1999. FHL Film 795593 Item 1 Includes Pulaski County Duncans.
- [Fergus] Fergus-O'Brien, Adele. Fergus, Loos, Snyder Histories: Photocopies of Original Publications by Other Authors. n.p.: A. Fergus-O'Brien, 1945, 1959, 1964. FHL Book 929.273 F38fo.
- [Fergus] Fergus, Morris Freeman and John Franklin Fergus. History of the Descendants of Francis Fergus (Immigrated from Ireland to America): and A Genealogical Family Register of the Various Generations from the First of the Name in America (1770 circa) to the Present Time; With Numerous Brief Biographical Sketches, Collected and Compiled from Court and Church Records, Family Records, and Tombstones Throughout Many States. 1957. FHL Book 929.273 F38f.
- [Roseberry] Roseberry, Greg E. The Charles E. Roseberry -- Betty Jean Keister Family of Montgomery and Pulaski Counties, Virginia Including the Angstadt, Beck, Burk, Carper, Daux, Filenger, Foster, Glasgow, Godbey, Gunn, Keister, King, Long, Patterson, Patton, Rankin, Roseberry, Shell, Shufflebarger, Songer, Sutton, Whitt and Wysor Families. Lincoln, Nebraska: Writers Club Press, 2002. FHL Book 929.273 R721rg.
- [Sassin] Allen, Cameron. "Francois Sasin/Sassin of Manakin Town: The First Six Generations of the Sassin/Sasseen Family in America," The Virginia Genealogist, Vol. 37, No. 1 (Jan.-Mar. 1993):3-17; Vol. 37, No. 2 (Apr.-Jun. 1993):99-116; Vol. 37, No. 3 (Jul.-Sep. 1993):193-205; Vol. 37, No. 4 (Oct.-Dec. 1993):259-271. Digital version at American Ancestors ($). FHL Book 975.5 B2vg v. 37 (1993).
- [Stone] Wohlslagel, John and Mary P. Stone Wohlslagel. The Joel Edward Stone Family, 1815-1975. Typescript. Microfilmed 1982: FHL Film 1307587 Item 21.
- [Thompson] Johnson, Patricia Givens. Springfield Saga: The Thompsons of Fort Thompson on New River, Pulaski County, Virginia. Christiansburg, Va.: P.G. Johnson, 1985. FHL Book 975.5775 H2j.