Queens New York Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The NY Queens Family History Center serves all five boroughs of NYC but patrons come from as far as New Jersey and upstate NY. We have staff that are bilingual in English and Spanish, and are available four day a week, with Wednesday evening by appointment.
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- Address: 40-24 62nd Street, Woodside, New York
- We are located in the building with large white pillars in the front.
- Free parking is availabe in the large lot next to the second building.
- Location on Map
Open Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 10 am to 4 pm. Saturday 9 am to 2 pm. Wedneday evening ONLY BY PRIOR APPOINTMENT 7 pm to 9 pm. Call Monday for appointment.
Holiday Schedule: Closed all National Holidays and on Saturdays prior to General Church Conference in April and October. We also close for break from 24 July through 10 August and also from 19 December through 2 January
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- We have a large selection of films from Germany, France, Italy and Puerto Rico, as well as many other countries.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- Microfilm viewers, a camera to make copies from the films, computers, and a printer.
Staff Research Specialties
- All staff members speak fluent English, and many are fluent in Spanish. Help is available from reserach materials in German, French, Spanish and other languages.
Resources in the Local Area
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback