Red River Parish, LouisianaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Red River Parish, Louisiana|
Location in the state of Louisiana
Location of Louisiana in the U.S.
|Founded||March 2, 1871|
|Address|| 615 Carroll St|
PO Box 485
Coushatta, LA 71019
- 1871--Red River Parish was created 2 March 1871 from Caddo, Bienville, Bossier, DeSoto, and Natchitoches Parishes.
Parish seat: Coushatta 
See an interactive map of Red River Parish boundary changes.
Places / Localities
Neighboring Parishes or Counties
- Louisiana African American Griots Project ~ USGenWeb Project
- Afrigeneas - African Ancestored Genealogy
- LA Tombstone Transcription Project ~ partial records and photos ~ USGenWeb Archives Project
- Interment.net ~ LA cemetery records by county
- African American Cemeteries ~ listing by county
- FindaGrave.com ~ cemetery records with search by cemetery, by surname
|Red River Parish Census Data|
- Louisiana Census Images ~ USGenWeb Census Images Project
- USGW Digital Map Collection ~ USGenWeb Project
Civil War Battle
The following Civil War battle was fought in Red River Parish.
- Map showing Civil War battles in Louisiana
Louisiana Probate Records ~ information on.
Louisiana Records and Statistics Information ~ where and how to order information.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- LAGenWeb - Louisiana State Records
- USGenWeb ~ Records, Maps, Archives and Other Projects
- Family History Library Catalog
- Red River Parish, Louisiana Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed., Red River Parish, Louisiana p 292 (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ United States Census Bureau. "Louisiana Population of Counties by Decennial Census: 1900 to 1990". http://www.census.gov/population/cencounts/la190090.txt. Retrieved 2008-02-02.
- ↑ Heritage Preservation Services, Civil War Battle Summaries by State, (accessed 7 August, 2012)