Richmond County, Georgia GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Georgia-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
1777--Richmond County was created 5 February 1777 from St. Paul Parish. County seat: Augusta 
LDS Ward and Branch Records
Early migration routes to and from Richmond County for European settlers included:
- Savannah River pre-historic
- Occaneechi Path pre-historic
- Lower Creek Trading Path pre-historic
- Cisca and St. Augustine Trail (or Nickajack Trail) pre-historic
- Fort Moore-Charleston Trail about 1716
- Fall Line Road about 1735
- Augusta-Savannah Trail 1739
- Great Valley Road (south fork) 1740s
- Augusta-St. Augustine Trail
- Augusta and Cherokee Trail about 1777
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Richmond County, Georgia Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), 847-61. (FHL Book 973 D27e 2002) WorldCat entry., and William E. Myer, Indian Trails of the Southeast. (Nashville, Tenn.: Blue and Gray Press, 1971), 12-14, and the book's pocket map "The Trail System of the Southeastern United States in the early Colonial Period" (1923). (FHL Book 970.1 M992i) WorldCat entry.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News