Riverton FamilySearch Library/EventsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The library offers a free seminar every third Saturday of the month. An opening session is held at 9:00 a.m. featuring a keynote address. Following this session attendees are offered four choices of presentations at both 10:00 and 11:00 a.m.
Saturday, February 16, 2012 / 9:00 a.m. - noon
- Keynote Address - "Ah Ha! I'm a Genealogist and Lovin' It" - Barry Ewell
- “Utilizing Online Resources of the Midwest" - Luana Darby
- "Search Techniques on Ancestry.com" - Echo King
- "Church of England Parish Registers" - Apryl Cox
- "Digging Up Death Records Online" - Lorraine Bourne
- "Census Techniques and Strategies" - Jason Harrison
- "Ancestry.com's Online Trees" - Echo King
- "The 'Shady' Side of the Family Tree: Prison, Criminal, Asylum Records and More" - Bret Petersen
- "Danish Military Levy Rolls" - Linda Baker
Future Seminar Keynote Presenters:
April: Paul Nauta
May: Karen Clifford
American Sign Language
The keynote address at each seminar will be interpreted in ASL.
Boy Scout Workshop / Genealogy Merit Badge
Presented by Sean and Keith Wahlquist
No registration is necessary.
The library offers a monthly workshop to assist Boy Scouts with their Genealogy Merit Badge. The workshop is held the second Saturday of each month from 10:00 to 11:30 a.m.
Saturday, March 9, 2013 / 10:00 - 11:30 a.m.
Scouts must prepare for the workshop by doing the following:
1) Interview a family member about their life. The interview can be completed by telephone, e-mail or letter and the information learned must be recorded;
2) Complete a four-generation pedigree chart. Make sure this includes information about at least one ancestor who was living in 1930;
3) Complete two family group sheets (one listing your parents and your family, and another listing one of your parents and their parents and siblings); and
4) Bring a blue merit badge card (which can be obtained from the Scoutmaster.)
If these items are completed and brought to the workshop, all other requirements for the merit badge can be finished at the workshop and authorized personnel can certify the completion of the merit badge.
Genealogy Merit Badge Resource Links
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News