Rutland County, Vermont Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
(county boundary map; feel free to delete)
(CW Data from Excel)
|Line 124:||Line 124:|
==== Military Records
==== Military Records ====
==== Newspapers ====
==== Newspapers ====
Revision as of 02:18, 7 December 2013
Guide to Rutland County Vermont genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Rutland County, Vermont|
Location in the state of Vermont
|Founded||February 22, 1781|
|Address|| Rutland County Courthouse|
83 Center Street, Rutland, VT 05701-4017
Rutland County Website
Secretary of State Office, Montpelier has birth, marriage, and death records 1760-1955 and divorce records 1760-1968; Town Clerks have land records from 1826; County Clerk has land records 1779-1826 and court records; Probate Court has probate records.
Towns Organized Before 1800:
Fair Haven 1779,
Middletown Springs 1784,
Mt. Holly 1792,
Mt. Tabor 1761,
West Haven 1792
- Created 22 February 1781 from the Colonial lands. 
Places / Localities
Land and Property
There are two Rutland County Probate Districts
- Rutland District - Brandon, Chittenden, Clarenden, Danby, Ira, Mendon, Middletown Springs, Mount Holly, Mount Tabor, Pittsfield, Pittsford, Rutland, Sherburne, Shrewsbury, Tinmouth, Wallingford and West Rutland.
- Fair Haven District - Benson, Castleton, Fair Haven, Hubbardton, Pawlet, Poultney, Sudbury, Wells and West Haven.
Societies and Libraries
Rutland Historical Society Inc.
96 Center Street
Rutland, VT 05701-4023
Phone: (802) 775-2006
Email - email@example.com
Family History Centers
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library catalog for Rutland County
- The Rutland County VTGenWeb Project, an member of The VTGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Rutland County
- Rutland County Genealogy (Vermont Genealogy)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), 6999 Rutland County, Vermont. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ Michael J. Leclerc, Genealogist's Handbook for New England Research, 5th ed. (Boston, Mass.: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2012), 395. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 974 D27g 2012.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News