Salt Lake Canyon Rim Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
Address: 2980 South 2790 East, Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
- YSA Building (Young Single Adult Building)
- Parking on west side of building.
- Enter on west side of building.
Open Hours: Monday: Closed
Tues: 10 am - 4 pm
Wed: 10 am - 1 pm & 7 pm - 9 pm
Thurs: 10 am - 4 pm & 7 pm - 9 pm
Sat & Sun: By appointment
Closed December 10 thru January 2
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
Third Tuesday, 7 pm - 8 pm, YSA Building
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. Hardware and Equipment
- 11 computers
- 2 printers (networked)
- 1 Multi function printer
- 1 Digital Imaging computer, film reader, scanner, and printer
- 1 Film reader
- 1 Microfiche reader
- Center Services
■Genealogy database software (Ancestral Quest, Family Insight, Legacy, PAF, RootsMagic)
■Charting software (PAF Companion, Legacy Charting)
■Word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software -Libre Office 3.5
■Pedigree Resource File
■Free access to several subscription sites through the FamilySearch Portal such as Ancestry.com, British Newspapers, Find-My-Past (UK), Footnote, ArkivDigital (Swedish), Heritage Quest, World Vital Records and others.
■Research databases such as Acadian-Cajun Family Trees, Australian Vital Records and Mormon Immigration Index .
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)