Salt Lake Monument Park Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Salt Lake Monument Park Family History Center serves three stakes:
Monument Park North, Monument Park and Bonneville.
The Center is dedicated to providing education and support for the family history community in our area.
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
Address: 1320 South Wasatch Drive, Salt Lake City, Utah 84108. This is not a mailing address. Family History Centers are unable to respond to mail inquiries.
- The Family History Center is located on the southwest corner (street lever). Convenient parking is in the south parking . You may need to ring the bell for entrance into the Family History Center.
Phone: (801) 584-0112 NOTE: Call during our open hours. Call in case of inclement weather.
- Monday & Wednesday 10 am - 4 pm
- Tuesday & Thursday 10 am - 9:30 pm (with a break from 4 pm - 6:30 pm)
- Friday 1 pm - 4 pm
Memorial Day weekend, Labor Day weekend, July 4th
Closed during week of Thanksgiving (Nov. 21 - 25, 2010)
Closed Christmas (Dec 19, 2011 - Jan. 2012
(Other sporadic closings will be posted on the door.)
Calendar and Events
Upcoming Events :
Classes in FamilySearch, Portal, Ancestry.com, & Consultant Training - January 2012
Class Schedule: TBA
Staff Training Meetings: Nov. 30, 7:00pm
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog. The Center has 2 microfilm readers.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the Center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. Included are:
• 19th Century British Library Newspapers digital archive
• Alexander Street Press -- American Civil War
• Ancestry.com Library Edition
• Find My Past
• Fold3 (Formerly Footnote.com)
• The Genealogist
• Godfrey Memorial Library
• Heritage Quest Online
• Historic Map Works Library Edition
• Paper Trail
• World Vital Records
• Fully functioning software for Center use:
Ancestral Quest, Ancestral Quest Collaboration, LegacyFamily Tree and many others.
- At present, we have 9 computers on-line available, for doing research (with printers). We have 2 microfilm readers. We also have a copier for small quantiy copying. NOTE: In 2012 we will upgrade tove 10 new computers and 3 new printers.
Center Services :
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
The Foothill Public Library.
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)