Seattle Washington Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Seattle Family History Center serves The South Seattle, King County areas. Our facility is experienced in multi-cultural research including U.S., European and Asiatic countries and multiple languages such as English, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Samoan, Spanish and Tongan.
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- Address: 14022 Ambaum Boulevard Southwest, Burien, (Seattle) WA, 98166
- (Please note, this is not a mailing address)
- There is ample parking place in front of the building
- Location on Map
- Tuesday:10:00 PM-5:00 PM; 7:00 PM - 8:45 PM
- Wednesay: 10:00 PM-5:00 PM; 7:00 PM - 8:45 PM
Thursday:10:00 PM-5:00 PM; 7:00 PM - 8:45 PM
Friday: 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM
- Saturday: 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM
Holiday Schedule and Closure:
- Closed Saturday, March 16, 2013 for exhibiting at South King County Genealogical Society Meeting and Puget Sound Chapter of the Association of Professional Genealogists
- Closed legal holidays and holiday weekends,
- Easter week, Thanksgiving week, Christmas Week
- Snow days and School closure days
- Last 2 weeks of August for vacations
- Last 2 weeks of December for Christmas holidays
- Closed for General Conference of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Calendar and Events
- Family Tree Basic to Advanced every Wednesday 7:00 PM
Staff Training Meetings:
3rd Friday of each month, 7pm
- Family History Library Catalog: Patrons have the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog and read them in this center
- Special Collections, 120 Films with Scandinavian emphasis, 1100 fiche, printed collection, Pedigree Resource File, Family History Library Favorites including Ancestry.com institutional edition and other commercial applications.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- 10 computer stations with high-speed internet access,
- 2 printers and a multifunction printer Scan and print duplex,
- 4 film readers (with 35 mm and 16 mmm capabilities),
- 1 fiche reader,
- 1 film or fiche reader/printer;
- located in the spacious newly remodelled rooms for training, research and consulting purposes
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
Staff volunteers have and can assist you familiarity with personal computers and software, church websites, commercial websites; and a willingness to help patrons with research for their ancestors.
We want your opinion!
Give feedback on two US state pages by clicking on the purple button belowClick Here