Shelburne, VermontEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Shelburne was chartered on August 18, 1763. Early settlers were required to perform several duties in exchange for their lots of 200-300 acres, such as cultivating a certain minimum number of acres and reserving all worthwhile pine trees for use by the Royal Navy as masts. The first settlers actually arrived in 1768, and began cutting lumber for shipment to Canada.  
Shelburne : pieces of history, Truman M Webster (1994) - find this book in a library.
FamilySearch Historical Records Collection has Vermont birth, death, and marriage records online.
The probate district for Shelburne is Chittenden.
Chittenden District Probate Court
175 Main St.
PO Box 511
Burlington VT 05402
Phone: (802) 651-1518
The following is a list of major cemeteries in present-day Shelburne. For location of all cemeteries, see Cemeteries of Vermont, Chittenden County, website at this link.
- Shelburne Village Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Spear Street Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Saint Catherines Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Webb Family Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
Town Clerk Vital and Town Records, 1882-1982, can be found on FamilySearch (browse only images).
The Family History Library has microfilm of original records from the Shelburne Town Clerk's Office. These include Records of births, marriages, and deaths, 1775-1999, Town records, v. 1-2, 1776-1883, Land records, 1787-1849, Cemetery records, 1775-1869, and Burial permits, 1905-1998.
Shelburne Town Offices
5420 Shelburne Rd.
P.O. Box 88
Shelburne, VT 05482
Phone: (802) 985-5110
Libraries and Historical Societies
5376 Shelburne Rd
Shelburne, VT 05482
Phone: (802) 985-5124
- ↑ Brief history of Shelburne, VT http://www.uvm.edu/~shelburn/humans.html
- ↑ Town of Shelburne, Vermont, http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~vermont/ChittendenShelburne.html
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More