St. James Parish, Louisiana GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|St. James Parish, Louisiana|
Location in the state of Louisiana
Location of Louisiana in the U.S.
|Founded||March 31, 1807|
|Address|| 5800 La Hwy. 44|
Convent, LA, 70723
St. James Parish Courthouse
River Rd, PO Box 106
Convent, LA 70723
Parish Clerk has marriage records from 1846,
divorce, probate and court records from 1809.
1807--St. James Parish was created 31 March 1807 as an original parish.
Parish seat: Convent 
See an interactive map of St. James Parish boundary changes.
Places / Localities
Neighboring Parishes or Counties
- Louisiana African American Griots Project ~ USGenWeb Project
- Afrigeneas - African Ancestored Genealogy
- LA Tombstone Transcription Project ~ partial records and photos ~ USGenWeb Archives Project
- Interment.net ~ LA cemetery records by county
- African American Cemeteries ~ listing by county
- FindaGrave.com ~ cemetery records with search by cemetery, by surname
|St. James Parish Census Data|
- Louisiana Census Images ~ USGenWeb Census Images Project
- USGW Digital Map Collection ~ USGenWeb Project
Louisiana Probate Records ~ information on.
Louisiana Records and Statistics Information ~ where and how to order information.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- LAGenWeb - Louisiana State Records
- USGenWeb ~ Records, Maps, Archives and Other Projects
- Family History Library Catalog
- St. James Parish, Louisiana Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed., St James Parish, Louisiana p 292 (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ United States Census Bureau. "St. James Parish Quickfacts". http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/22/22093.html. Retrieved 2008-02-02.
- ↑ United States Census Bureau. "Louisiana Population of Counties by Decennial Census: 1900 to 1990". http://www.census.gov/population/cencounts/la190090.txt. Retrieved 2008-02-02.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More