St. James Southam Parish, VirginiaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
St. James Southam Parish has served Goochland, Cumberland, and Powhatan counties. Tar Wallett Church, a church on James River, South Chapel, Ham Chapel, and Peterville Church all fell within the bounds of this parish.
The original parish register is kept at the church. A photocopy is available and includes parishioners, communicants, baptisms 1842-1900, marriages 1849-1902, burials 1840-1909 and offerings:
- Owens, Barbara P. et al. Index of the Register of St. James Parish, Southam, Powhatan County, Virginia. FHL Large Q Book 975.5612 V22o
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 William Meade, Old Churches, Ministers and Families of Virginia, 2 vols. (Philadelphia: J.B. Lippincott and Co., 1861). Digital versions at Internet Archive: Vol. I and Vol. II.
- ↑ Freddie Spradlin, "Parishes of Virginia," VAGenWeb, accessed 29 January 2011; Hening's Statutes at Large; Emily J. Salmon and Edward D.C. Campbell Jr., The Hornbook of Virginia History (Richmond: Library of Virginia, 1994).
- This page was last modified on 12 April 2014, at 19:17.
- This page has been accessed 2,569 times.