St. Marks Parish, VirginiaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 17:43, 28 February 2011 by Murphynw
Many of the graves at Little Fork Church are described at Find A Grave. Includes transcripts and select photographs.
- Boyle, Andrew J. The Church in the Fork, a History of Historic Little Fork Church. Culpeper, Va.: Little Fork Preservation Committee, 1983. FHL Book 975.5392 K2b
- Slaughter, Philip. A History of St. Mark's Parish, Culpeper County, Virginia: With Notes of Old Churches and Old Families, and Illustrations of the Manners and Customs of the Olden Time. Baltimore, Md.: Innes & Co., Printers, 1877. Original edition: FHL Collection; digital versions at Ancestry ($) and Family History Archives. 1990 reprint: FHL Collection.
- Thomas, Arthur Dicken and Angus McDonald Green. Early Churches of Culpeper County, Virginia: Colonial and Ante-bellum Congregations. Culpeper, Va.: Culpeper Historical Society, 1987. FHL Book 975.5392 K2e
- Davis, Rosalie Edith Rogers. Saint Mark Parish Vestry Book & Levies, 1730-1785: Spotsylvania, Orange and Culpeper Counties, Virginia. Manchester, Mo.: Heritage Trails, 1983. FHL Book 975.5392 K2d Contains records about the organization of the parish, elections of church officers, hiring of ministers, payments of fees and wages, upkeep of the "gleeb" house and church, care of the poor and orphans, and the raising of levies from the parish tithables.
- Little Fork Church (official site). History, photographs.
- ↑ Wikipedia Contributors, "Little Fork Church," Wikipedia, accessed 28 February 2011.
- ↑ Freddie Spradlin, "Parishes of Virginia," VAGenWeb, accessed 29 January 2011; Hening's Statutes at Large; Emily J. Salmon and Edward D.C. Campbell Jr., The Hornbook of Virginia History (Richmond: Library of Virginia, 1994).
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More