Staten Island New York Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Family History Center article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
Center Contacts and Hours
Location and Map:
- 913 Rockland Ave, Staten Island, NY 10314
- If you are coming by car there is a large parking lot available. To travel by bus take the S61 to Forest Hill Rd. at the intersection of Rockland Avenue. Walk right on Rockland a few blocks. Church building on right. Use the entrance on the front of building on left side. Ring bell.
- (Link to map using Googleor other map sites)
Open Hours: Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday mornings 9:00AM to 11:30AM. Tuesday and Friday evenings 7:00-9:30pm, Saturdays 9:00am-12:30pm
Holiday Schedule: Closed Saturday for General Conference (1st Saturday in April and October), closed Thanksgiving, Christmas Holidays 2013 OPEN only on THURSDAYS 9:00AM to 11:30 AM FROM December 17 - December 31. Regularly scheduled hours will RESUME after New Year's Day on Friday 7:00PM - 9:30PM, January 3, 2014.
Center may close due to bad weather. Call to confirm center is open at 718 370-2376.
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. Ancestry.com, Fold3.com, Heritage Quest Online, Find My Past, World Vital Records and several others are available.
Hardware and Equipment
- We have three computers, three microfilm readers and one microfiche reader available for use and one multi-function printer.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki