Stewart County, GeorgiaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Stewart County Courthouse
PO Box 157
Lumpkin, GA 31815-0157
Probate Court has birth, death and burial records from 1927,
marriage records from 1828 and probate records; Clerk Superior
Court has divorce, court and land records from from 1830
1922 -- Courthouse burned and many records were damaged.
For further information on researching in burned counties, see the following:
Harmony Church, Richland, Georgia, 1839 Members Georgia Pioneers
1830-1860 Georgia Pioneers
- Wills, Book B, 1837-1849 (digital images) Georgia Pioneers
- Index to Will Book A, 1837-1849 Georgia Pioneers
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Stewart County, Georgia Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Georgia Pioneers Georgia Pioneers
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Stewart County, Georgia. Page 160 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).