Stock Harvard, EssexEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Stock Harvard, Stock Harward or Stock is best described by saying, it is a parish in Chelmsford district, Essex; it is 2½ miles east of Ingatestone railway station. It has a post-office under Chelmsford. There is an Independent chapel.
The description of Ramsdon-Bellhouse gives further insight. Ramsdon-Bellhouse is a parish, with a village, in Billericay district, Essex. The living is a rectory, annexed to the rectory of Stock-Harward, in the diocese of Rochester.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Contributor: Include here information for parish registers, Bishop’s Transcripts, non conformist and other types of church records, such as parish chest records. Add the contact information for the office holding the original records. Add links to the Family History Library Catalog showing the film numbers in their collection
Online images are available Seax - Essex Archives Online From the Essex Record Office All Saints see also Crondon Park Roman Catholic Chapel, Our Lady of Mount Carmel and Stock Congregational Church
Census records from 1841-1891 are available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 241365. To view these census images online, they are available through the following websites for a fee ($) or free:
- FamilySearch has some of the British Censuses available.
- FindMyPast ($) has all available census records including images, and is free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and some public and academic libraries.
- Ancestry.co.uk ($) has now all available census records but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and at numerous public and academic libraries. The library versions are known as AncestryInstitution.com.
- The Genealogist.co.uk ($) has all available censuses and is free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries.
- FreeCen is a UK census searches. It is not complete and individuals are always asked to consider helping out with transcriptions.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Essex Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
| This section requires expansion with:
any additional relevant sites that aren't mentioned above.