Sunningwell, BerkshireEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Sunningwell, Berkshire family history and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Abingdon PLU|
|Parish registers: 1543; Separate registers exist for Kennington beginning 1829|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1605; Separate records exist for Kennington beginning 1851|
|Diocese||Pre-1836 - Salisbury; Post-1835 - Oxford|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Berkshire|
|Location of Archive|
|Berkshire Record Office|
SUNNINGWELL (St. Leonard), a parish, in the union of Abingdon, hundred of Hormer, county of Berks, 2½ miles (N.) from Abingdon. 
Sunningwell, Berkshire parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BERK = Berkshire Parish Records (FindMyPast) - (£).|
|IGI = International Genealogical Index (FamilySearch) - free|
|OFHS = Oxfordshire Family History Society - (£). Results delivered by email.|
|Sunningwell, Berkshire Parish Online Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 241201.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 261-271. Date accessed: 3 October 2013.
- ↑ 'New Berkshire parish records published on findmypast.co.uk,', FindMyPast, accessed 28 January 2014.
- ↑ 'Berkshire Baptisms 1538-1928,', FindMyPast, accessed 13 June 2014.
- ↑ Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Berkshire, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 4 February 2014.
- ↑ 'OFHS Parish Records Date Finder,', Oxfordshire Family History Society, accessed 23 January 2014.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki