Take part in Wiki careEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
What help could a beginner give to Support the Wiki?
- There are several opportunities to help, listed on the Wiki Care and Support page.
- For instance, Maintaining the Help Content insures that the Help content is a valuable asset to anyone who uses the Wiki.
- Maintenance and Patrolling is necessary to keep links working correctly, ascertain whether articles are in the Scope of the Wiki, make sure that questions get answered on the Discussion pages, etc.
- Perhaps, you would prefer to work with people. The Wiki Contributor Support Committee might be just the thing for you.
- The Wiki Welcoming Committee might be your niche. Volunteers are always needed to help newcomers feel welcome and give them some helpful beginning information.
- Wiki Support meetings are a great way to communicate with others and get a better understanding of what's needed, and how to help.
- Mentoring is available for one-on-one help.
Group Communication and Actions
We can work together and communication is a main part of that work.
- We have Forums that help us work with each other. The link below is to the three forums that are specifically for the Wiki. By reading the posts and posting our own ideas and questions we can help ourselves and others understand the goals and work on the Wiki.
We also can communicate with each other in several other ways both on the discussion pages for each article and page and on the User discussion pages.
- We can discuss each of the pages and items on these pages by putting our comments on the discussion page connected to each page.
- We can also talk to each of the User in the Wiki that are registered.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News