Talbot County, Maryland GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
Talbot County Courthouse
11 North Washington Street
Easton, Maryland 21601
- Named for Grace (Calvert), Lady Talbot, the wife of Sir Robert Talbot 2nd Baron of Carlton, Kildare, and daughter of George Calvert 1st Baron Baltimore. She was the sister of Cecelius Calvert, 2nd Baron Baltimore, and 1st Proprietor Governor of Maryland.
- Created 19 February 1661 from Kent County.
- Queen Anne's County was set off 9 April 1706
Transcriptions of various cemeteries in Talbot County can be found at the following websites:
The Political Graveyard is a great resource for Politicians that were born, lived and died in Talbot County.
- Tombstone inscriptions and map of graves at Wye House, Talbot County, Maryland  Tombstone inscriptions and map of graves at Wye House, Talbot County, Maryland
- Tombstones of Talbot County 
For more information about Cemeteries in Maryland please refer to the Maryland Cemeteries page.
Federal Census reports available 1790-1930 including slave and veterans schedules.
Maryland State Archives' Guide to Maryland Religious Institutions identifies all churches known to have existed in Talbot County, Maryland. It covers all denominations and includes record descriptions.
- Coldham, Peter Wilson. "Correspondence with the American Colonies 1739-1782," The Genealogist, Vol. 12, No. 1 (Spring 1998):108-128; Vol. 12, No. 2 (Fall 1998):189-205. [Overseas correspondence of a resident of Oxford [Talbot County] with the following surname: Crookshank.] Available at FHL.
- List of imported servants and convicts from Europe who served labor terms in Colonial Talbot County, Maryland (work in progress), courtesy: Immigrant Servants Database.
Through a Joint eGovernment Service of the Maryland Judiciary and the Maryland State Archives, free images and indexes of the complete series of Talbot County Deed Books (1662-present) have been uploaded to their website: MDLandRec.Net: A Digital Image Retrieval System for Land Records in Maryland. (Requires free registration.)
Societies and Libraries
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library Catalog for Talbot County.
- The Talbot County MDGenWeb Project, a member of The MDGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Talbot County.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Talbot County. (Backup site)
- ↑ Tombstone inscriptions and map of graves at Wye House, Talbot County, Maryland; Bushey, Marjorie Lloyd Merrick, 1897- index of the Maryland Genealogical Records Committee Reports, (GRC), NSDAR Library, Series 1, vol. 144. - Family History Library FHL US/CAN Film 859279 Item 2
- ↑ Tombstones of Talbot County. 4 vols. 1989-1993. Available from the Upper Shore Genealogical Society. LIB 2-4-2 4 vols. 1989-1993. Available from the Upper Shore (Maryland) Genealogical Society. LIB 2-4-2
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More