TechnologyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Technology can be a useful tool when doing genealogy. Understanding how to use technology can help genealogists create an organized, useful system that makes doing research much easier. Take a moment to browse the topics available on this page for helpful tips on making technology work for you.
See also Ancestors Season 2: Genealogy and Technology at the FamilySearch Learning Center.
- Add recent announcements
- New gadgets
- Learn the basics of digital storage to help preserve genealogical files and which digital storage devices work best for genealogists by reading Digital Storage.
- Convert old cassette tapes and records directly to your computer! The article Transferring Analog to Digital explains how.
- Not Sure Which Genealogy Management Software to Use?
- Windows Genealogy Software
- Mac Genealogy Software
Conference Syllabus Articles
The following list of family history conference syllabus materials are related to technology and were presented at various conferences by FamilySearch staff:
- Community Family Trees
- Digitizing the Records in the Granite Mountain
- FamilySearch Forums - Community Power to Get Answers to Your Research Questions
- Powerful Tips and Tricks for Searching Historical Documents in FamilySearch
- Solving Genealogical Problems Using FamilySearch and Its Affiliate Partners
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More