Tennessee For Further ReadingEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- Bamman, Gale Williams and Charles A. Sherrill. Research in Tennessee. Arlington, Va.: National Genealogical Society, 2009. FHL Book 976.8 D27ba 2009. Revised edition of a 1993 NGSQ article. This is the most current printed guide on Tennessee research. The original article, prepared by a Certified Genealogist, and updated by a Tennessee expert, gives a concise overview of the history and settlement, major archives, and record sources in Tennessee. It is available for purchase, for a very reasonable price, in paper or PDF format, through the NGS website.
- Fulcher, Richard C. Guide to County Records and Genealogical Resources in Tennessee. Baltimore, Md.: Genealogical Publishing, 1987. FHL Book 976.8 A3f. This record contains an alphabetical list of counties with addresses of libraries, historical and genealogical societies, and the records available, with dates.
- Hathaway, Beverly West. Genealogical Research Sources in Tennessee. West Jordan, Utah: Allstate Research, 1972. FHL Book 976.8 D2h. This source contains a list of record types, addresses of libraries, archives, and historical societies, newspapers, county histories, and a list of counties showing the dates for which each type of record is available.
- McCay, Betty L. Sources for Genealogical Searching in Tennessee. N.p., 1970. FHL Book 976.8 A1 no.2; film 824106 item 5. This source gives background on Tennessee and types of records. It lists missing records for each county.
- Schweitzer, George K. Tennessee Genealogical Research. n.p.: G.K. Schweitzer, 1993. FHL Book 976.8 D27sg 1993. This source contains background information on Tennessee and a list of record sources. It gives the date each county was formed and the records available in each.
- Sistler, Byron and Barbara Sistler. The Yellow Pages: Sources & Suggestions for Searching in Tennessee. Evanston, Ill.: B. Sistler, 1978. FHL Book 976.8 D2s.
- Tennessee State Library and Archives "Core List of Tennessee Books" includes biographies and a variety of books containing biographical information.
- TENNESSEE - GENEALOGY - HANDBOOKS, MANUALS, ETC.
- This page was last modified on 18 July 2014, at 22:57.
- This page has been accessed 2,113 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki