Texas County, MissouriEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Texas County Missouri genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Texas County, Missouri|
Location of Missouri in the U.S.
|Founded||February 17, 1843|
|Address|| Texas County Courthouse|
210 N Grand Avenue;
Houston, MO 65483-1226
Texas County Website
Recorder Deeds has marriage records from 1855 and
land records from 1845; Clerk ciruit Court has divorce
and court recordsc from 1855; Associate Circuit Court
has probate records from 1850
See an interactive map of Texas County border changes at N2Genealogy.
- The State Historical Society of Missouri has information on historical Missouri place names for all 114 Missouri Counties.
For tips on accessing Texas County, Missouri census records online, see: Missouri Census.
- Family Maps of Texas County, Missouri (land patent maps) at HistoryGeo.com ($). Free surname search.
- Map of Texas County townships (Histopolis)
- The University of Missouri Digital Library has digital copies of Missouri county plat books (ca. 1930) for all Missouri counties including Texas County. The city of St. Louis is not included in this collection.
- 1850-1855 - Texas County Marriage Index 1850-1855. Batch M515861 at FamilySearch - free.
- 1855-1882 - Texas County Marriage Index 1855-1882. Batch M515862 at FamilySearch - free.
- 1881-1885 - Texas County Marriage Index 1881-1885. Batch M515863 at FamilySearch - free.
- Missouri State Archives provides on-line access to Missouri Death Certificates more than 50 yrs old starting in 1910.
- 1883 - Texas County Death Index 1883. Batch B514629 at FamilySearch - free.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Texas County, Missouri. Page 406 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Genealogical Society of Utah, Parish and Vital Records List (July 1998). Microfiche. Digital version at https://www.familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/images/f/f4/Igimissourir.pdf.
|This Missouri-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback