The Knowles Collection: Jews of The CaribbeanEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Jewish Genealogy > Knowles Collection
Use this record to find the genealogy of many Jews from the Caribbean nations. The great advantage of the Knowles Collection is that it links together into family groups, thousands of individual Jews (over 18,900 for this database as of February 2013). Until now, these records were available only at the Family History Library or through private archives or individuals.
This record contains
- Surname and forenames (continually being added)
- Links to ancestors
- Dates where available
- Places where available
- Source citations where available
- Notes where available
Before using this record know
- Name of person to search for
- Approximate year of birth
- Where the person lived
Where to access the collection
Link to this collection through the FamilySearch Community Trees website. Look for the section on Knowles Collection.
How to search the record
- Search by the name of your ancestor
- View the sources
- View the notes
There are two types of records in the collection:
- Those which have been added by Todd Knowles.In the Notes field, each item is categorized under“Research Notes”.
- Items contributed to the site by others, who are acknowledged.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News