Thomas County, KansasEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Thomas County, Kansas genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Thomas County, Kansas|
Location in the state of Kansas
Location of Kansas in the U.S.
|Founded||March 6, 1873|
|Address|| Thomas County Courthouse|
300 N. Court Ave.
Colby, Kansas 67701-2439
Thomas County Courthouse
300 N Court Street
Colby, KS 67701
County Clerk has birth, marriage and death records
1885-1910 and burial records from 1910.
Clerk District Court has marriage, probate, divorce court
and naturalization records from 1885.
Register of Deeds has land records from 1884
and military discharge records. 
1873--Thomas County was created 6 March 1873 from unorganized territory. County seat: Colby 
- Thomas County was organized after the Civil War.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Thomas County, Kansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Thomas County, Kansas page 256, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).