Toombs County, GeorgiaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Georgia-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Toombs County Courthouse
100 Courthouse Square
Lyons, GA 30436
Probate Court has birth, marriage, death, burial and probate records from 1905;
Clerk superior Court has divorce, court, and land records from 1905
COURTHOUSE IS DESTROYED
Toombs County Loses Structure Valued at $50,000 - Partial Insurance.
LYONS, Nov. 21. -- The Toombs County courthouse was destroyed by fire early today, causing a loss estimated at $50,000. The county carried insurance of $30,000 on the building. Records are believed to be safe in the vaults.
The Macon Daily Telegraph, Macon, GA 22 Nov 1917
Toombs County's first courthouse was a brick structure built in 1906. The building was destroyed by fire in 1917 and rebuilt in 1919.
US Vol 5
page 151 - McCullough Cemetery
page 151 - Off in The Woods Cemetery
page 152 - Mount Zion Cemetery
page 152 - Mobley Family Cemetery
page 153 - Stanley Cemetery
page 153 - Reedy Creek Cemetery
page 154 - Vaughn Cemetery
page 154 - Moseley Family Cemetery
page 154 - Bazemore Cemetery
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Toombs County, Georgia Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Toombs County, Georgia. Page 161 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More