User:JamestannerEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
I live in Mesa, Arizona and presently serve as a missionary at the Mesa FamilySearch Library formerly known as the Mesa Regional Family History Center (MRFHC) also known as the Mesa Large Multi-state Family History Center. I work with patrons and teach classes.
In 1979, I moved to Mesa from Scottsdale, Arizona. I have been employed as a trial attorney for the past 38 years but am now semi-retired. From 1982 to approximately 1993, I owned and operated an Apple computer store in Mesa. I also was part owner of a Macintosh software development company.
I presently work with Family History Expos, Inc. as a presenter at the genealogy Expos and as manager of their social media.
I have been involved in genealogical research for approximately 30 years, with most of my research in the U.S. and Denmark.
I have been constantly involved in scanning family history documents, primarily from my family, for the past 15 years or so.
I am very much involved in writing, most of which is either work or Blog related. You can read my current Blog posts on the following websites:
I have recently published a book entitled, "The Guide to FamilySearch Online".
I have been involved in photography since I was about 10 years old. You can see a huge selection of my photographs in current posts and older posts on the following website:
I have also been involved in a graphics design and website development company for the past 28 years. The business is now run primarily by my wife and brother and is called
Tanner Digital Graphics
- B.A. Spanish, University of Utah
- M.A. Linguistics, University of Utah
- J.D. Law, Arizona State University
I have Arizona Community College Certificates in Spanish, Computer Information Systems and Law.
I have been involved with the Boy Scouts of America in some capacity or another for the past 25 years or so.
James L. Tanner
3340 E. Fountain Street
Mesa, Arizona 85213
Bibliography of Publications
- Miller, Wick R., James L. Tanner, and Lawrence P. Foley. 1971. "A Lexicostatistic Study of Shoshoni Dialects". Anthropological Linguistics. 13, no. 4: 142-164. WorldCat 482259211
- Miller, Wick R. A Lexicostatistic Study of Shoshoni Dialects. Languages and Cultures of Western North America. 1971. WorldCat 166143925
- Graham, John K., and James L. Tanner. Curing Residential Real Estate Title Defects. Eau Claire, WI: National Business Institute, 2006. WorldCat 71837158
- Lotardo, John T., Patricia A. Premeau, and James L. Tanner. How to Obtain Good Title in Arizona Real Estate Transactions. Eau Claire, WI: National Business Institute, 2006. WorldCat 68194548
- Anderson, Robert G., Patricia A. Premeau, and James L. Tanner. Resolving Real Estate Title Defects. Eau Claire, Wis: National Business Institute, 2006. WorldCat 77524081
- Graham, John K., and James L. Tanner. Recognizing and Curing Arizona Real Estate Title Problems. Eau Claire, WI: National Business Institute, 2005. WorldCat 61325582
- Anderson, Robert G., Patricia A. Premeau, and James L. Tanner. Arizona Real Estate Title: Identifying Defects and Finding Solutions. Eau Claire, WI: National Business Institute, 2005. ((WorldCat|62880281}}
- Jones, Mack T., and James L. Tanner. Premises Liability: Preparation and Trial of a Difficult Case in Arizona. Eau Clair, WI: NBI, Inc, 2002. WorldCat 56762901
- Tanner, James L., The Guide to FamilySearch Online, Mesa, Arizona Bookmark Graphics, 2011.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News